Pick me! Pick me!

I've avoided writing a blog for awhile, mainly because I've always had the impression that bloggers are narcissistic. (Not that my friends who blog are narcissistic--I'm talking about the big, wide world of people who anonymously journal on the internet in the hopes that strangers will marvel at how they are Perfect/hilariously snarky/"quirky" and knight them on the spot.) Then I realized that I'M narcissistic, so I'm over that. In the spirit of self-love, here's a post all about me.

When did you start cooking?
Though I've always had a thing for cooking meat over an open flame, I've only recently gotten into cooking. I think it all started when I shared an apartment with a person who considered herself a great cook, but she didn't use enough butter/cheese/cayenne pepper/bacon for my taste so I had to take over.

Do you have a favorite cooking memory?
I have two--one was winning a fantastic bet with my chocolate amaretto croquembouche (see below). I also loved making Mr. Luz a big ole', Guy's-style catfish po-boy, covering it in Louisiana hot sauce, and bringing it to him at the airport when he came home from being in Paris for a semester.

Share one food item that best describes the last year of your life.
Maybe a parmesean, wild mushroom risotto. Meaning, it can be exactly perfect--rich and satisfying--one day, and completely bland and unappetizing the next. (Can you tell that the move from New Orleans to D.C. has been difficult?)

What’s your favorite band or CD of all time?
Sublime and their acoustic CD. Which I'm pretty sure is just called "Sublime Acoustic." I know every drum beat and drunken live shout-outs to the crowd by heart.

Complete the statement “I recommend…” (it can be a show, movie, book, restaurant, website, activity, etc.)
Cheese and bacon. Drinking green tea and honey to get your daily recommended intake of water. Trying everything and finding out that it's you or it's not you, rather than being safe or sanctimonious.

If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what dream would you attempt?
Seriously? I would end global warming.

What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I can have the work ethic of a crazy person when I need to. But sometimes that backfires, because I do actually become a crazy person....maybe I need to rethink this.

What’s your favorite spice?
Does garam masala count, even though it's a blend?StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment