Where's a Second Line When You Need One? It's Mardi Gras!

Happy Mardi Gras!


If I were in NOLA, I'd be sitting on the porch of the Columns Hotel right now. I'd be enjoying a brief moment of lazy sunshine between a morning full of parades, and the costumes and craziness of Bourbon Street. And I'd (hopefully) be with some of my best friends.

As it is, here in D.C., I'm debating on wearing my Coors Light outfit + cowboy hat out to Dupont Circle tonight, modeled after the artistry of these fine gents. Ok, just kidding. But I would be awesome if I could pull it off.


In honor of my friends and lazy-sunshine-memories, I give you just a few of my favorite (mostly anonymous) pics from Mardi Gras past. Click on the photo itself for a larger view, as blogger hates me and I can't figure out how to make it do my bidding just yet.

House Gutting in Mid-City in February...
it was hard work, but now I know how to tear down lathe and drywall.

Gathering for the parades on St. Charles Avenue. I love the kiddos on ladders.

Floats, floats, floats. "Throw me something, Mister!"

Pat O'Brien's famous courtyard patio...the perfect place to enjoy your Mardi Gras Hurricane.
StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment