Healthy Oklahoma Chili Recipe

Blurgh. I have an earache. I thought grown folks weren't supposed to get earaches. I thought we grew out of them, like we grew out of....well, I can't think of anything that I've outgrown. (Snowdays? No. Bouncy balls? A definite no. Damn, this is hard.) Anyway, I have an earache and I forgot my earmuffs in the unforgiving cold that's taken over D.C., and today has been just a blurgh day overall. So? I wrapped myself in a blanket, and ate a huge mug of chili.

I love this chili recipe because it is made with large quantities of veggies, and it still tastes like heaven. It's a chili that sneaks up on you...you take your first bite and think "Ok, that was good" but then you immediately want another bite. And another. Continue till you've finished 9 mugs of chili.

If you make it with ground turkey instead of beef, a large bowl--I'm serious, I calculated the points based on 1/10th of the recipe--is only 8 Weight Watchers points. That means that anyone can dive into a steaming bowl of spicy comfort food sans guilt, which is just what you deserve on a cold, crappy day.


Weight Watchers Oklahoma Chili Recipe

2 lb ground turkey
2 large onions, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes w/green chilis
1 can tomato sauce
1 can of water
1 can chili beans
1 1/2 tbs. chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
Red pepper, Black Pepper, and Salt to taste

Brown turkey in a large pot, seasoning with chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper as it cooks. In a saute pan, saute veggies in 1 teaspoon olive oil until cooked. Add veggies to the pot with the turkey. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Add red pepper and salt to taste. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
StumbleUpon.com