Maybe you've noticed, but I haven't done alot of cooking lately. I have, however, mooched food off of neighbors, had nothing but wine and pretzels for dinner (not recommended), and spent the entire deposit refund from our old apartment on Vietnamese and Indian take-out.
But the time has come for me to get my ass back in the kitchen and cook/eat off some of my residual stress. Mr. Luz sat me down with a notepad and a few of my favorite cookbooks, and asked me "What are we cooking this week?" Here's what followed...
Me: I want to make....
1. BBQ Pulled Pork with a spicy, Carolina-style BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and corn-on-the-cob with Tabasco butter
2. A bucket of traditional tomato Gazpacho soup
3. My first attempt at Ceviche
4. A big, ole Gooey Butter Cake (a St. Louis favorite made with yellow cake, butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar)
5. Greek Turkey Burgers
6. Homemade Margherita Pizza
7. Grilled Tandoori Chicken with grilled cauliflower and cucumber salad & mint chutney
8. BBQ Pork Steaks (another St. Louis summer favorite, pork butt sliced into T-bones, then grilled and braised in BBQ sauce)
9. Sesame Noodle Salad w/ sugar snap peas, carrots, red bell peppers
10. Grilled Shrimp & Veggie Pasta
12. Homemade Strawberry Ice cream
13. Panzanella (Bread & Tomato) Salad with herb oil, heirloom tomatoes, and shaved parmesan cheese
Clearly, I've missed you guys.