St. Joe's Blueberry Mojito Recipe

St. Joe's is a dark, skinny little New Orleans bar with an "approachably gothic" decor inside and a patio bathed in the red light of 20 large Chinese lanterns out back. The inside is a tight fit, which makes for for intimate conversation and lots of physical contact, while the open patio is a subdued, chill place to catch up with friends. In addition to offering some fantastic N'awlins ambiance, St. Joe's (grammar? St. Joe's'? It's unavoidable, ya'll) specialty cocktail is my absolute favorite--a limey, crisp blueberry mojito.

Maybe the temperature finally stalled out somewhere above 55 degrees in D.C. and I've already made these 3 times. If you make them, you'll understand.

From FoodandWine.com: St. Joe's Bar Blueberry Mojitos

10 mint leaves
10 blueberries (I thaw frozen ones, because they are a little sweeter)
3/4 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. chilled club soda
1 oz. chilled Sprite
1 1/2 oz. gold rum

(Directions altered to avoid you having to strain mint leaves out of your teeth for days)

In a cocktail glass, muddle blueberries, simple syrup, and mint. I use the handle of a wooden spoon, and try to do it 1 minute longer than I have the patience for. Also, I'm from the Midwest and we end sentences with prepositions.

Fill the glass with ice.

Pour the lime juice, club soda, sprite, and rum into the glass, pouring the liquid over the back of a spoon to avoid disturbing as much mint as possible. Swirl the glass to mix, and enjoy!StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks so good and as the weather where I am is creeping steadily into the 80's and it's only just beginning, I'm sure I'll make these all summer. Thanks for the contributing to my (now awesome) summer parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, these St. Joe's Bar Blueberry Mojitos

    were the BOMB! I stumbled on two your website by foodgawker. OH YES, it is Party time

    ReplyDelete
  3. see i spelled to wrong. We are sitting here enjoying them so much LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I frequent St. Joe's and drink nothing but the blueberry mojitos. I had a craving today and i am THRILLED to find this via foodgawker. You have a lovely blog!

    -Joey

    ReplyDelete